Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

Furnished in blue and cream, the Cosmetology laboratory looked like a Fifth Avenue beauty salon. In their four hour laboratory period each afternoon, students gained skill by practicing free of charge on beauty-seeking women of the campus. After 350 hours of practice, students became “senior operators” qualified to charge customers. Fourteen female members of the first cosmetology class in 1941 formed a sorority, Chi Beta Chi.