Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

After the Commerce Building, the next building to be constructed on campus was the Administration and Social Science Building in 1938, also built with PWA funds. In addition to administrative offices, it provided a half-dozen large classrooms and a student lounge or study hall, which was available for social events. In 1955/56, part of this building was demolished and an architecturally incompatible wing, designed by Taylor, Warren, Nishimoto, & Conner of Pasadena, was added. Returning to the campus for a visit after the remodel, architect Harry K. Vaughn was extremely angered by the changes to the building and vowed that he would never work with the campus again.
Tags: architecture