Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

After the Administration and Social Science Building was completed, the next building on campus was the Technical Trades Building (now the 600 Building), shown here under construction in 1937. The building presented a special construction problem because the foundation and floors had to be strong enough to withstand the weight and vibration of heavy machinery. Rooms in this new building were used for mechanical and architectural drawing, machine and welding shops, mill and cabinet work, and instructors’ offices and lecture rooms. Unlike the previous two campus buildings, the Technical Trades Building was constructed using WPA funds.
Tags: architecture