Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

Chemberlen was replaced by Alfred S. Redfern, who served as superintendent until June 30, 1945, when he retired after thirty-two years of service in secondary education in Fullerton. After retiring, Redfern took up the hobby of shell collecting, eventually amassing 3,000 shells for some 1,500 identified species as far away as Australia. Redfern donated his shell collection to the FJC Science Division in 1962.
Tags: superintendent, redfern