Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

When Dr. William T. Boyce was demoted, Mrs. Esther Litchfield also lost her position as Dean of Women. She was replaced by Mrs. Myrtle V. Stuelke, an English faculty member, in 1943. In an article in the Fullerton News Tribune, later reprinted in May 1945 issue of Junior College Journal, Mrs. Stuelke described her new job as being “counselor, guide, and friend to every woman in college” (p. 424). FJC continued to have Men and Women’s Deans into the 1960s.
Tags: trustees, deans, stuelke