Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

One of Louis E. Plummer’s strengths was that he was a joiner of local organizations, networking with the movers and shakers in Fullerton and Orange County. This is an early 1930s photograph of Plummer (back row, second from left) with some of Fullerton’s most influential citizens. Albert Launer, Fullerton’s district attorney and Board of Trustees member, had voted, on April 25, 1913, to establish FJC. At that meeting, businessman William Wickett, then trustee-elect, was also present and expressed his approval of the action. Developer Harry J. Maxwell (1882-1962), seated on the far right, would serve as mayor of Fullerton from 1936 to 1938. Maxwell’s son, Harry Maxwell, Jr. (1918-1944), would later graduate from FJC and volunteer to serve in the armed forces during World War II. He died shortly afterwards in combat. (Courtesy of the Fullerton Public Library.)
Tags: Jess, Hardy, Ted, Corcoran, Jack, Horner, Otto, Evans, Loren, O., Culp, Dan, O'Hanlon, Al, Launer, Dale, King, Walter, Finch, Bill, Wickett, Harry, Maxwell