During World War II, a number of clubs consolidated to form another club. One of those was the Cosmopolitan Club, composed for the former International Relations, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese Clubs. The initial effort of the Cosmopolitan Club in February 1942 was to gather books to send to servicemen. Boxes were set up in which students dropped books which were delivered to the public library and later to army camps. Noon dances were staged by the club, and the price of admission was a book, increasing the number of contributions. The Creative Arts Club was in charge of entertainment for local army campus, and for preparing and distributing programs monthly at the soldiers’ dances in Orange. To coordinate all the clubs on campus, a Campus Activities Board (CAB) was set up.