Kayak Club members took advantage of severe flooding on March 3, 1938 to move around Fullerton. These kayakers are around Elm Avenue and Harbor Boulevard. Freek and Brown Auto Repair (601 S. Harbor) is in the background. From 1887, when Fullerton was founded, until 1938, the city was pounded with periodic severe rains and flooding. It wasn’t until this 1938 flood that Fullerton government officials applied for and received federal relief funds to construct flood control channels.