The 1999 Master Plan emphasized the need for an education center in Anaheim—the largest city in the North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD). In 2002, the district purchased for $10.5 million the vacant Martin Luther Hospital building (1830 West Romneya) near the 91 Freeway and Euclid Avenue in Anaheim. The 270,000 square-foot building was remodeled and opened in 2003 as the new home of the district administrative offices. The facility also housed administrative offices for the School of Continuing Education, the Information Services Department, and the printing and mail processing center. Twice monthly meetings of the Board of Trustees were held at the new site, which is approximately half way between the district’s two colleges. Education programs taught at the 11-story building included culinary arts, computer training, lower division transfer courses, early childhood education, life wellness and fitness, and career development.