Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

On the left, Leo Fender's Radio Shop can be seen at 107 South Harbor Blvd. in this late 1940s photo. The original photo allows a magnified view of what appears to be Fender standing outside of his shop with Dale Hyatt, his long-time associate. The Kelvinator store next to Fender's shop sold refrigerators. The company developed (1914) the first household electrical refrigerators. The name comes from Lord Kelvin, the discoverer of absolute zero. (From the Southern California Edison Archive. Courtesy of The Huntington Library, San Marino, CA. Commercial use of the image requires permission from the copyright holder.)