Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

At the stroke of 11:00 a.m. on March 12, 1936, hundreds of students, led by the Fullerton Junior College Band and the Humana Symphony Choir, left the old campus for the new one. The FJC band was an informal mix of high school and college students, and when it was discovered in 1939 that FJC was the only large college in Southern California that did not have a marching band to aid in the athletic and social activities of the school, the Student Commission quickly appropriated $600 for uniforms and equipment.
Tags: Music