Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

Because the Commerce Building (now the 300 Building) was the first building on campus, construction was closely documented and watched by students and residents alike. This photograph shows the land being graded for construction. While the majority of new campus buildings were funded by the Work Projects Administration (WPA), the Commerce Building was actually funded by the Public Works Administration (PWA), which ran from 1933 to 1939, pumping over six billion dollars into the economy.