Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

At the 50th anniversary celebration, retired Automotive Technology instructor Dallas Hazleton was honored for his work in starting the program. Automotive technology started in 1956 with one instructor and four students using part of the Machine Tool Building. By 1960, the program had moved into a new building designed for two instructors, and by 1967, the department was employing four full-time instructors. The program became certified by the National Technical Education Foundation (NATEF), the educational arm of the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (AS), in 1990. (Photo courtesy of Tony Kawashima.)