In 1919, the Board of Trustees hired the renowned California architect Carleton M. Winslow, Sr. (1876-1946) to design new buildings and bring unity to the campus design. His final vision for the campus is shown here. Four years earlier, Winslow had been appointed Architect-in-Residence for the Panama-California International Exposition in San Diego, where he designed many of the temporary buildings and supervised the construction of permanent buildings designed by Bertram Goodhue (1869-1924),including the California State Building and the Fine Arts Building. Winslow chose the Spanish Colonial Revival style, an innovation which brought him widespread recognition and ignited a love for Spanish Revival architecture that continues in California today. While in Fullerton, Winslow gave a series of talks with color slides on the Spanish style of architecture and recommended that Fullerton adopt the Spanish Colonial Revival type of architecture for buildings in the city. In July 1919, the Fullerton Board of Trade (later the Chamber of Commerce), which included all influential organizations in the city, passed a resolution declaring Spanish Colonial Revival the “uniform style” of architecture “for all public buildings that may be constructed, and also for any of the buildings that might be remodeled.” Thereafter, the high school and college buildings, as well as numerous public building in Fullerton—the city hall, the library, train depots, etc.—were all built in the Spanish Colonial Revival style.