Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

Fullerton residents started having parades down Spadra Road (now Harbor Boulevard) and Commonwealth Avenue in the 1890s. Any major occasion—Armistice, Fourth of July, New Year’s Day—was cause for a parade. Over the years, FJC students participated in these parades, which were open to any group or organization. This 1934 “Death of the Old Stadium” parade float was created to celebrate the construction of the new campus stadium.
Tags: City, of, Fullerton