In 1927, the City of Fullerton established the 86-acre Fullerton Municipal Airport, the oldest and largest general aviation airfield still on its original location in Orange County. The new airfield sparked local interest in aviation and aeronautics. In 1932, the FJC Aviator’s Club was formed. This 1933 photograph was most likely taken at the Fullerton airport. In 1940, The Flying Hornet Club was organized by students who wanted to become licensed airplane pilots. Club members maintained a light plane available to members at reduced rates.