Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

The Verse Book, published by the English Club (later the Writers’ Club), made its appearance in 1926. An anthology of FJC student verse, it was replaced by an intercollegiate book of verse called First The Blade, which included poetry from college students around California. In 1930, the English Club also published for the first time a verse and prose book, El Conquistador. The English Club was open to any student interested in original writing. (Courtesy of the Fullerton Public Library)
Tags: clubs