This 1927 photograph shows the large reading room adjoining the College Library that was devoted solely to the use of college students. The circulation or check-out desk is in the forefront. The reading room had a capacity of over 100. The college and high school libraries were not separated into separate collections and buildings until 1929. The first librarian to serve FJC students was Rebecca Burdof.