Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

In 1914, H. Harwood Tracy, the head of the Science Department of Fullerton Union High School and Fullerton Junior College, expressed interest in building a mountain cabin for student and faculty use. A site was selected near Lake Arrowhead, and a number of cabins, each successively larger in size, were constructed by students and faculty until finally settling upon a two-story structure shown here in 1927. The mountain cabin had space for a kitchen, dining room, and sleeping quarters for men and women and was intended to serve as headquarters for classes studying the plant and animal life of the region.