Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

This 1946 photograph shows one of the housing units. Each unit was divided into three terraces on which were located one, two, and five room dwellings. There were eventually 51 veterans’ units on campus accommodating 125 veterans and their families (pets were also allowed). FJC was the first college in California to take advantage of the federal offer of free housing units. The low rent and proximity to the college at a time of critical housing shortages were greatly appreciated by veterans and their families.
Tags: world, war, veteran, housing, federal, funding