Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

In 1953, FJC began a second expansion phase that was to continue into the 1960s. The Pasadena architectural firm of Taylor, Warren, Nishimoto and Conner (later Taylor and Conner) was selected by the Trustees to formulate a new general plan for the campus, but the architectural design of the buildings fell to William Henry Taylor (1912-1995). Born in San Dimas, California, Taylor was a graduate of the University of Southern California (USC). In addition to the FJC buildings, he also designed the Public Bathhouse and Pool in Palmdale (1951) and educational buildings at Pasadena City College (1954), Whittier Intermediate School (1956), and Wilson Junior High (1956) in Glendale. In this 1958 photograph, Taylor (second from right) hands the keys to the new college library to Board of Trustees President E. William Wylie while head librarian Nancy Carmichael and College Director/President H. Lynn Sheller look on.
Tags: architects, trustee, buildings, construction