The next building to be constructed was the College Gymnasium (the 1200 Physical Education Building), dedicated on November 25, 1955. The new gym was the first permanent structure built on the campus for physical education purposes. Prior to construction of the gym, all physical education courses were taught on the Fullerton Union High School campus. The reinforced concrete structure contained three basketball courts, men’s and women’s locker rooms, two balcony instruction areas, and had a spectator seating capacity of 2,000. Funds for the structure, which cost $526,000, were made available to the district in a bond measure approved on May 5, 1953 for $500,000 and from taxes. Similar to many of the other William Taylor buildings, the gymnasium had a boxlike, warehouse design. To supplement the gymnasium, a new pool was constructed in 1956.