Completed in 1959, the Technical Education Building was designed to house classrooms, laboratory and shop space for electronics, drafting, welding, machine work, metal fabrication, and cosmetology classes. Construction costs included an additional $100,000 for equipment and furnishings. Because parking was a problem on campus, students, staff, and faculty were provided parking in front of the new building. When students complained about safety issues, new flood lights were added to the campus and parking lots, and street lights were added along Chapman Avenue and throughout the campus. In the 2000s, this building was dramatically re-modeled to match the architecture of new structures built during this period.