Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

Also in 1959, the new College Bookstore, nearly doubled in size, opened for business in space originally occupied by the Publications Office. For the first time, the College Bookstore, owned by the Associated Student Body, operated on a serve-yourself basis that allowed students to circulate freely throughout the shelves and pay at a check stand when exiting. The self-service of the shiny new facility was a welcome relief after the cramped inconvenience that had characterized the temporary bookstore facilities in the Gymnasium.
Tags: student, services