In October 1958, a similar unfortunate decision was made to bump out a portion of the Spanish Colonial Revival Student Union (now the 840 building) on the west side to create a new half-drum shaped snack bar with mismatched architecture. The glass and chrome snack bar, which replaced the lunch truck, was used by night students to purchase coffee and snacks before classes. The walls were later covered over with tan paint. When the architect of the 1930s and 1940s structures, Harry K. Vaughn, returned for a visit to the campus in the 1950s, these changes angered him. In 2011, the snack bar was remodeled and renamed The Stinger.