Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

This is a shot of the parking lot, a converted baseball diamond, in 1956. Students complained about the bumpy railroad tracks, mud in the rainy season, and dust in the spring. In late 1958, a new asphalt-paved lot, accommodating 150 cars, was added at the northwest corner of Chapman and Berkeley Avenues, and another lot was extended west from Berkeley Avenue across the northeastern part of the campus between the track and baseball field. During peak hours, about 1800 cars were parked in lots and streets surrounding the campus, but actual parking facilities on campus totaled a little more than 1100 spaces.
Tags: parking, lots, cars, automobiles, train, tracks