Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

After World War II, many FJC instructors retired and were replaced by younger instructors who had new ideas on teaching. Two of the most popular instructors, shown here in 1949, were Norman H. Scarlett, who taught history and psychology, and Dr. Phillip J. Schlessinger, also a history professor. By the end of this period in 1959, there were 164 instructors for day courses, and 90 for night classes.
Tags: faculty