When the new Counseling Center became available in 1958, students unable to find classes during registration were directed toward tables holding lists of still open courses and the FJC catalog. Counselors were available in offices at either side to assist students individually. At the rear, students line up at a ticket station for class tickets. Until this new Counseling Center opened, counselors were housed in a small white bungalow on Harvard (now Lemon) Avenue. In addition to the ten new counseling offices, a testing office, a conference room, and new offices for Director/President H. Lynn Sheller were housed in the new administrative addition.