Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

Initially, FJC students held graduation ceremonies in nearby churches, Plummer Auditorium, and the lawn area in front of the High School, but by 1948, the graduating classes were so large that commencements were held at Fullerton Stadium on the high school campus. Graduation ceremonies initially started at 4:00 p.m., but when people complained that it was difficult to attend in the afternoon, the start time was shifted to 7:30 p.m. This is the cover of the 1957 graduation program. (Courtesy of the Fullerton Public Library)
Tags: graduation, commencement