Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

The program for the 1950 Open House included this flyer encouraging voters to vote for a tax increase at the May 19, 1950 general election. The tax increase passed easily, with voters agreeing to an increased tax rate that ranged from $15.00 to $75.00 per year for a five-year period. Over $1.5 million was raised to rehabilitate buildings damaged by the 1933 earthquake and to build new ones. This brochure was distributed to voters throughout the City of Fullerton.
Tags: community, outreach, government, funding, taxes