The technical trade courses remained very popular during this period. The Technical Trade Department offered up-to-date training in the fields of machine shop, mill and cabinet building, construction, welding, ornamental iron work, sheet metal, drafting, surveying, electricity, radio, and printing. In this 1950s photo, an FJC student is shown rebuilding an automobile transmission. Automotive Technology started instruction in 1956 with one instructor and four students using part of the Machine Tool Building. Since the first graduating class of 1958, former students are working all over the world, with many working as managers, shop owners, or automotive corporation employees.