Almost from the start, FJC offered evening classes. The Adult Division was established as a department on the high school in September 1914, with twelve classes, and in the fall of 1938, it was made part of the college, and with that change, began an expansion in programs and evening enrollment. In the fall of 1946, the Adult Division was made a separate Evening Junior College, offering over 100 courses. By 1958, the number of students taking night classes at the college and high school were exceeding those offered during the day by over 1,000 students. To deal with the increased enrollment in night classes, FJC established an Extended Day Division within the Adult Division headed by Eldon Rodieck, named Coordinator of Extended Day Program. This new sign hanging in the Administration Building announced the opening of the new Extended Day Division on campus.