With the additional purchase of land in 1941 and 1946, the Agriculture Program was able to create a working farm on the north side of campus just below the bus barns. In 1949, FJC broadened the Agricultural Program, offering classes in Citriculture, Avocado Culture, Ornamental Horticulture, Poultry, Animal Husbandry, and General Farming. By owning its own farm and orchards, FJC was able to train future farmers in a practical, hands-on way. In addition to learning about the raising of crops, the culture of orchards, the destruction of pests, and the rearing and breeding of animals, students were also offered a course in packing, shipping, selling, and warehouse management by a specialist trained by the California Fruit Exchange. This is an aerial shot of the farming/agricultural area on campus in 1951. The agricultural facilities were shared with Fullerton Union High School.