Fullerton College: A Pictorial History

This is a sketch and floor plan for the 1978 Construction Technology residence. In a sign of the times, added effort was made to make the home “energy conscious” with insulation and double-paned windows. The house was purchased by a young couple, Lisa Charles and Bob Davis, who intended to use the dwelling as their first home after their marriage, but when the two could not find a lot for the home, new bids were taken. The house was eventually sold to David Knowles, an instructor at Orange Coast College, and moved to 1572 North Orangewood in Anaheim. Because of the difficulty of finding lots for the houses, the bid procedure was altered so that bidders were required to put up $2,000 instead of $500, with the bid funds lost or forfeited if a buyer reneged. In the 1980s, the College began building homes on vacant lots.
Tags: construction, technology, homes