On the first day of the spring semester of 1974, the long-awaited Associated Students Child Care Center opened at 1440 North Brea Boulevard in Fullerton, providing assistance to many mothers who were attending the college. To qualify, parents had to be enrolled in nine units or more. Morning and afternoon sessions (including snacks) cost $9.00 per week, and an all-day session was $17.50 per week. College administrators and associated students believed that many people were not attending classes because they had children to care for at home, and together they heavily promoted the daycare center. This is an advertisement from the October 8, 1976 Hornet (p. 4). The center also produced a brochure that was distributed around the campus.